An interactive touchscreen board is a computer-driven device, allows users to access and manipulate electronic files by means of an LCD display. The interactive LCD will be connected to a computer with USB, and the computer then be connected back to the LCD with a video cable. These screens serve a variety of functions and are capable of many different things. First and foremost, would be the creation of interactivity with your computer files.
An interactive LCD/LED touchscreen offers users the ability to customize a system to fit exactly what they need. We have a variety of displays including bare bone touch screen displays all the way up to All-in-one Video Conferencing Interactive Systems.
Think of the way you would write on a traditional chalkboard. As the piece of chalk makes contact with the board, it forms letters and numbers. With an interactive touchscreen board, it does the same exact thing – it just does it electronically.
Think of it as digital ink. You are still “writing on the board”, just in a different way. You can have the board as a blank white surface, and fill it up with notes, just like a chalkboard. Or, you can display a file and annotate it. An example of annotation would be bringing up a map.
You could write over the top of the map in a variety of different colors. Then, when you are done, you can save the marked-up file as an image. At that point, it is an electronic file that can be emailed, printed, or saved for a later date – whatever you want to do.
The price of touchscreen boards in the classroom varies between different brands. The major brands include IQBoard, InFocus Mondopad & Jtouch, SMART, SHARP, Promethean, Newline, and more.
Although the touch screen board price is higher than the whiteboard price in the classroom, the interactive LED displays offer obvious advantages over traditional whiteboards:
1) You no longer have to purchase expensive projector lamps and experience unexpected burnouts.
2) Shadowing on a projected image is eliminated.
3) Projector light shining in users’ eyes, is eliminated.
4) Maintenance to change filters on a projector, eliminated.
5) Much cleaner and crisp image than a projector is capable of producing.
6) Display will not be washed out by sun or ambient light.
7) Less wiring than a traditional interactive system.
8) Many units are available with an optional built-in PC. This makes a true “All in One” system.
9) More durable surface than traditional whiteboards.
So, it is worth investing in interactive touch screen displays for classroom use.
Here are some other articles that we think might interest you: