An interactive touch screen board is a computer driven device, allowing users to access and manipulate electronic files by means of a LCD display. The interactive LCD will be connected to a computer with USB, and the computer then connected back to the LCD with a video cable. These screens serve a variety of functions, and is capable of many different things. First and foremost, would be the creation of interactivity with your computer files.
An interactive LCD/LED touch screen offers users the ability to customize a system to fit exactly what they need. We have a variety of displays including bare bone touch screen displays all the way up to All-in-one Video Conferencing Interactive Systems.
Think of the way you would write on a traditional chalkboard. As the piece of chalk makes contact with the board, it forms letters and numbers. With an interactive touch screen board, it does the same exact thing – it just does it electronically.
Think of it as digital ink. You are still “writing on the board”, just in a different way. You can have the board as a blank white surface, and fill it up with notes, just like a chalkboard. Or, you can display a file and annotate over it. An example of annotation would be bringing up a map.
You could write over top of the map in a variety of different colors. Then, when you are done, you can save the marked up file as an image. At that point, it is an electronic file that can be emailed, printed, saved for a later date – whatever you wanted to do.
The price of touch screen board in classroom is various between different brands. The major brands include IQBoard, InFocus Mondopad & Jtouch, SMART, SHARP, Promethean, Newline and more.
Although the touch screen board price is higher than whiteboard price in classroom, the interactive LED displays offer obvious advantages over traditional whiteboard:
1) You no longer have to purchase expensive projector lamps and experience unexpected burn outs.
2) Shadowing on a projected image is eliminated.
3) Projector light shinning in users eyes, eliminated.
4) Maintenance to change filters on a projector, eliminated.
5) Much cleaner and crisp image than a projector is capable of producing.
6) Display will not be washed out by sun or ambient light.
7) Less wiring than a traditional interactive system.
8) Many units are available with an optional built in PC. This makes a true “”All in One”” system.
9) More durable surface than traditional whiteboards.
So, it is worth investing interactive touch screen displays for classroom use.